The following are the methods, which may be adopted by a rival trader to warrant for ‘Passing Off Action’:
- Direct false representations
- Adoption of a trademark, which is the same or colourable imitations of the trademark os a rival trader.
- Adoption of an essential part of rival trader’s name
- Copying the get-up or colour scheme of the label used by a trader
- Imitating the design or shape of the goods
- Adopting the word or name by which the rival trader’s goods or business is known in the market.